1. I’m looking so forward to eating watermelon with our faith family tonight.
2. Can’t wait to go watch Selma. Let’s get out and support this movie.
3. I’m counting the minutes until I get to start preaching through the life of Joseph. This weekend. These have become some of the most redemptive words in my life: God meant it for good. (Genesis 50:20)
4. God’s will. As much of our community concludes our fast, I know that many have been seeking God concerning life direction and major decisions. One of my heroes is a man named George Mueller. I read these words from his journal this week:
- “I get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to any particular matter.”
- “I do not leave the result to feelings or simple impressions. That can make one open to great delusions.”
- “I seek God’s will through, or in connection with, His Word. If you look to the Spirit without the Word, you open yourself to delusion.”
- “I consider providential [God-controlled] circumstances.”
- “I ask God in prayer to reveal His will to me.”
- “I make sure I have a clear conscience before God and man.”
- “Every time I listened to men instead of God, I made serious mistakes.”
- “I act only when I am at peace, after much prayer, waiting on God with faith.”
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God. ~Romans 12:2