These are words that I am speaking today with our family. These are not direct quotations, but rather Scripture turned into confessions.
Peace. What you meditate on you magnify. What you magnify will move you.
- I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
- You are the One who formed us; We will not fear, for You have redeemed us; You have called us by name, we are Yours. (Isaiah 43:1)
- You command Your angels concerning us to keep us in all our ways. (Psalm 91:11)
- But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head. (Psalm 3:3)
Authority. Use your words.
- We are of God and we overcome, for greater is He that is in me than than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- I take the shield of faith and with faith in Jesus I quench all the fiery darts of the evil one against me. (Ephesians 6:16)
- In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything in all of creation – not even a hurricane – will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:37-39)
Hope. Eyes on Jesus, who took the Cross, then beat the grave.
- Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us today … and He WILL deliver us … But if not, we still refuse to bow to fear and anxiety because our hope is in the name of Jesus. (Daniel 3:17-18)
- I have been raised with Christ, so I seek the things that are above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. I set my mind on things above, not on things of earth. (Colossians 3:1-2)
- I love you O Lord my strength. You are my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer, my God, my Rock, in whom I take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my Stronghold. I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. (Psalm 18:1-3)